Thursday, November 13, 2014

Healthy Grocery Shopping List

Healthy Grocery Shopping List

As per some of your requests on Instagram, I would now like to share with you my monthly and also weekly healthy food grocery shopping list! For those who just started their clean-eating diet or those who are interested in starting it, it is often difficult in the beginning to know what to buy. I have been there so I totally understand that feeling. 

Healthy Grocery Shopping List
 It is very common to connect healthy and clean eating with - only eating salads and chicken breast. That's basically the only food I ate for the first two weeks of my fitness journey. Believe me, it can be very boring and you will quickly lose all interest in food...which is pretty sad for me as FOOD IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY LIFE. Now that I am getting better at this clean-cooking and eating diet plan, every single meal becomes what I look forward to throughout the day! and I love it (especially at work...some homemade yummy cookies can really brighten my day!) <3 You can read more details on my clean-eating diet at my earlier post: http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/clean-eating-diet.html

Healthy Grocery Shopping ListHealthy Grocery Shopping List
                       
For me, grocery shopping has become one of my favorite weekly activities because it is where I get all my recipes inspirations! I literally get so excited whenever I arrive at a food market/ supermarket I just want to jump up and down especially when I see food that I like at a good price!
Healthy Grocery Shopping ListHealthy Grocery Shopping List

I normally do my grocery shopping on Sunday Afternoon after hitting the gym (for more details on my workout routines, visit http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/my-workout-routine.html ). Below is the list of what I normally buy on a weekly basis as well as on a monthly basis - most of them are a must-buy for me if they are fresh and are available at a good price :
Healthy Grocery Shopping List
Weekly Grocery List
1. Veggies : Avocado, Baby Spinach, Cauliflower, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Pumpkins, Sweet Potatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Celery, Cucumber, Zucchinis, Kale
2. Fresh Fruits: Strawberries, Blueberries, Other fresh berries if available, Banana, Kiwi
3. Tofu 
4. Bread (Dark Rye, Ezekiel, Museli, Sourdough and etc, depending on availability)
5. Low Fat Greek Yogurt Unsweetened
6. Organic Free-range Eggs
7. Lime and lemon
8. Herbs: Basil, Mint, Cilantro and etc
9. Garlic
10. Onions
11. Cheese: Ricotta, Feta, Cottage, and sometimes Mozzarella 

Monthly (or Quarterly) Grocery List
1. Seeds: Chia Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Flax seeds and etc
2. Raw Cacao Nibs and Raw Cacao Powder
3. Spelt and Buckwheat flour
4. Baking Soda and Baking Powder
5. Applesauce (unsweetened)
6. Raw Coconut Flakes
7. Pure Honey
8. Rolled Oats
9. Rye Flakes
10. Organic Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter (i.e. PB2)
11. Whole Wheat Pasta, Whole Wheat/ Brown Rice Tortillas
12. Brown rice
13. Quinoa
14. Beans: Lentils, Chickpeas, Kidney Beans, Black Beans and etc
15. Raw Almonds
16. Protein Powder
17. Quest Bars
18. Healthy Nuts: Macadamia, Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds
19. Black Sesames


Healthy Grocery Shopping List
If I come across anything that looks good and that I can incorporate into my recipes, I would also buy them! And occasionally, I do buy meat and fish such as  Salmon, Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Shrimps, Oysters and etc but as I am trying to do more vegetarian meals

Hope you find this post helpful! For those who live in Hong Kong - I would be writing a post about where I get my groceries (at a good price!) soon! Subscribe to my blog and stay tuned to the most updated Food, Fitness and Health tips!

Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel

7 comments:

  1. Hi Emi,

    Then what will you eat for your lunch when you need to work? Yoi will prepare lunch box yourself?

    And also want to know for the first few weeks, are you able to follow all training? I am quite weak on doing arms!! :(

    So pround of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yoyo! Yes I have my lunch box prepared (: you can find my daily eating habit at my earlier post http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/clean-eating-diet.html and yes I am still super weak on my arms! but just keep going, and you will get a little bit stronger everyday and one day without even noticing, you will get to where you want! i promise (: xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Emi! So encouraging! You know the restaurant in hong kong just not so healthy!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Emi! Just would love to know where do you get your rye/ ezekiel bread? I find it not so common in HK..

    thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I just uploaded a new blogpost about where I get my groceries in Hong Kong! hope you find it useful xx

      Delete
  3. I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read. I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff on your blog a must read blog.
    Grocery Delivery Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Diet Taps into Pioneering Concept to Help Dieters Lose 12-23 Pounds within Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete