It is really easy to make these toasties - basically you just put whatever you like in between 2 pieces of bread, have them grilled inside the sandwich maker for a few minutes (depending on how crispy you like your toasts to be) and ta-dah they are done! So instead of giving step by step directions to bore you to death, I am just going to share with you some of the combinations of ingredients that I like to make my Grilled Toasties with - all of them vegetarian! (:
1. Grilled Four Cheese with Avocado and Spinach Toasties
Ingredients: Avocado Slices, Raw Baby Spinach, Ricotta Cheese, Feta Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Mozarella Cheese, Fresh Lime Juice (squeezed onto the Avocado Slices), Salt and Pepper, Dark Rye Bread
2. Avocado and Egg Grilled Cheese Toasties
Ingredients: Sunny Side-up Eggs, Mashed Avocado with Lime Juice and Salt and Pepper (basically a Guacamole), Crumbled Feta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Crushed Red Chili Flakes, Whole Wheat Bread
3. Grilled Four Cheese and Spinach ToastiesIngredients: Ricotta Cheese, Feta Cheese, Cottage Cheese and a bit of Mozzarella Cheese, Slightly Cooked Baby Spinach with a handful of Cilantro and Basil (Pan-fried all three with a bit of Coconut Oil), Dark Rye Bread
4. Sweet and Savory Grilled Toasties
Sweet: Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread with Fresh Banana Slices
Savory: Mashed Avocado with Lime Juice, Salt and Pepper (Guacamole) with Feta Cheese and Cottage Cheese
Whole Wheat Bread
These ones I used the sandwich plate instead of the grill plate and you can see that I could not put as much fillings inside.
5. Grilled Three Cheese Avocado Toasties
Ingredients: Avocado Slices, Ricotta Cheese, Feta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Crushed Red Chili Flakes, Lime Juice (a bit), Dark Rye Bread
You can see that quite a few of them are quite similar haha it's just because Avocado, Cheese, Spinach are my favorite food of all time :p but I promise I will try get more creative from now on and think of some new grilled toasties recipes!
Hope you like these toasties as much as I do! Stay tuned for more yummy and delicious recipes by subscribing to my blog!