Thursday, January 29, 2015

Marshmallow Sweet Potato Mash Pie

Mum baked me this amazing Marshmallow Sweet Potato Mash Pie for my birthday :DDDDD I HAVE THE BEST MUM EVER!! We went home from birthday dinner and I was just walking past the oven when I saw this lovely pie sitting there as my birthday surprise (: even though I was already very full from a whole day of birthday meals, I could not help but to have a small slice of the pie and it tasted HEAVENLY. The marshmallow on top is crispy on the outside and the mashed sweet potato is so soft. I am in love with it! 

Ingredients
Sweet Potato x 2 lbs
Reduced Fat Sour Cream x 1/2 cup
Egg Yolk x 1
Nutmeg x 1/4 tsp
Pink Salt x 1/2 tsp
Marshmallows (Big Size) x 1 bag

Directions
Preheat over to 350F. Add 1/2 tsp of Pink Salt into a pot of water and boil the sweet potatoes in it until soft. Skin the sweet potatoes and then mash it in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add in egg yolk, sour cream and nutmeg into the mashed sweet potato, whisk until well combined. Pour the mix into a pie tray. Cut each piece of marshmallow into half, line them on top of the sweet potato mix. Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes until the marshmallow turn golden brown and crispy on the outside. TA-DAH this superrrr yummy and cute looking Marshmallow Sweet Potato Mash Pie is now ready! Let me know if you love it or not! :D (but to be very honest, it is impossible not to love haha)


Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel

1 comment: